Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Imposition Specialist creates digital layouts of flat and bound print products that conform to the company’s standards for sheet utilization, spoilage and other efficiency metrics.
- Understands production processes required for every type of job and accordingly creates layouts that use the least amount of resources in terms of raw materials, time, manpower and processing.
- Performs preliminary quality check on layouts to minimize rework.
- Ensures timely submission of files to production.
- Attends to production requests for custom setups and/or rework.
- Coordinates with production staff on production schedules
- Monitors production capacity and controls the flow of imposed documents to production.
- Coordinates with proofing specialists on jobs that require attention or special processing
- Interfaces with the Customer Service department and provides feedback on job status
- Maintains the imposition software database and performs file backup and archiving.
- Supports the Imposition Manager as well as other departments in process improvement initiatives.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in printing and graphic design environment.
- Strong knowledge of prepress, design and printing including familiarity with layout, trim, bleed, and trapping.
- Must have an understanding of conventional lithographic offset printing process as well as digital and large format printing and variable data.
- Proficient in the use of graphics and office productivity applications.
- Ability to inspect and maintain all work to ensure consistent error free quality
- Good time management skills when working on time sensitive projects.
- Ability to identify file issues
- Good judgment skills and the ability to work unsupervised
- Exhibit written and oral communication skills